Streets of New York is making spirits even brighter this holiday season with a voucher for a free 10-inch pizza for all Valley blood donors through Dec. 31
The pizzeria has partnered with Vitalant to help make sure that patients across Arizona receive the gift of life for the holidays. Streets of New York is the official pizza for the Arizona Coyotes. As part of the holiday campaign, blood donors will receive a voucher for a free ticket to one of three games – Dec. 19 Minnesota Wild, Jan. 4 Philadelphia Flyers or Jan. 14 San Jose Sharks.
Blood has a shelf life of 42 days, so donors will help save patients throughout the most challenging time of the year to maintain our state’s blood supply. While donors of all blood types are needed, O-negative is always in greatest demand. To make a blood donation appointment, call 877-25-VITAL (877-258-4825) or visit BloodHero.com.
Holiday blood donors help Arizona kids like 4-year-old Adelyn who received her 58th blood transfusion on Nov 14. She was born with Diamond Blackfan Anemia, a rare disorder that prevents her body from producing red blood cells. Every three to four weeks, she relies on the generosity of blood donors to keep her alive – a need that is expected to continue the rest of her life. “Adelyn has taught us the importance of donating blood,” says her mother Kami. “We are forever thankful to each and every blood donor.”
At the time of year when Arizona’s patient population is at its highest, blood donations are at the lowest. “We hope to encourage more blood donations while people are focused on the spirit of giving,” said Sid Lewis, senior director of Donor Recruitment for Vitalant’s Southwest Division.
West Valley Donor Centers
Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesdays and Wednesdays; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays; 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
• Glendale: 18583 N. 59th Avenue.
• Goodyear: 14270 W. Indian School Road.
• West Phoenix: 5757 N. Black Canyon Highway.
Public Blood Drives by City
- 7:45 - 11:45 a.m. and 1:15 - 5:15 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 19, Universal Technical Institute, 10695 W. Pierce Street
• El Mirage
- 8 a.m. - noon Saturday, Dec. 28, Pueblo El Mirage RV Resort, 11201 N El Mirage Road
- 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, 5614 W. Orangewood Avenue.
- 8 a.m. - noon and 6 - 10 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 18, Arizona Automotive Institute, 6829 N. 46th Avenue
- 8 a.m. - noon Wednesday, Dec. 18, Peoria Unified School District, 6330 W Thunderbird Road
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 21, Cabela’s, 9380 W Glendale Avenue
- 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. Friday, Dec. 27, Banner Thunderbird Medical Ctr, 5555 W Thunderbird Road
- 7:30 - 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 19, the Forum at Desert Harbor, 13840 N. Desert Harbor Drive 7 - 11 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 21, LDS Peoria North Stake, 22034 N. 83rd Avenue
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23, Larry Miller Group, 8665 W. Bell Road