The West Valley Mavericks Foundation has a new leadership team.
The new president of the West Valley Mavericks Foundation is Justin James, a Litchfield Park resident.
James is a graduate of the Naval Academy and was deployed three times in support of Operations Iraq and Enduring Freedom. He is director of sales for the western United States for Pride Transport, a refrigerated trucking company. An avid golfer, James recently served two terms as the president of the Wigwam Country Club.
John Weber, 42, of Litchfield Park is the new foundation vice president. Weber is co-owner at Southwest Equipment Group of Phoenix. Weber and his family moved to Arizona from Minnesota 20 years ago and have called the West Valley home since 2005. He has served the community as a member of the West Valley Mavericks for the last five years.
The rest of the new West Valley Mavericks Foundation board includes:
• Jeff Byers of Buckeye. Byers is the vice president of commercial banking for National Bank of Arizona and will serve as the treasurer.
• Cody Conklin of Litchfield Park is the Round Up Food Truck Festival committee chair. He is the general manager of Conklin Rose Co.
• Matt Crego of Peoria is the Shindig committee chair. Crego is chief information officer at Spear Education LLC.
• Chad Frank is in his second year on the board. Frank is vice president of strategic and digital alliances at the Better Business Bureau and lives in Litchfield Park.
• Bryan Frye is the Maverick Golf Tournament chair and is a first-time director. Frye is from Surprise and is a corporate compliance administrator for Southwest Gas Corporation.
• Eric Hamilton of Goodyear is also joining the board. He is the owner of Eric Hamilton State Farm Insurance Agency.
• Erik Hernandez, a partner in H&B Builders of Goodyear, is the sponsorship chair for a second year. He lives in Buckeye.
• Mike Johnson of Litchfield Park is serving his second year as a director on the board. He is the president of Cutting Edge Curbing, Sand and Rock.
• Erik Rasmussen of Goodyear is the Patriot All-America Golf Invitational chair and is the senior managing director at SilverRock.
• Nathan Reilly of Surprise is new to the board as the member engagement chair. He is the director of sales of Topgolf Glendale.
• Bruce Wall of Goodyear serves his third term on the foundation board as secretary. Wall is a financial adviser with Edward Jones in Litchfield Park.
• Serving the past president role is Jason Khan of Litchfield Park, a partner in Meese Khan Accounting and Consulting.
The Mavericks recently announced they have given out over $1 million in grants since being organized in 2012. Over 82 local organizations have received financial grants from the group since 2013. The West Valley Mavericks Foundation raises funds through sponsorships and by hosting several major events in the West Valley.
Signature events include the Shindig Fly Away Party at Goodyear Airport; the Roundup Food Truck and Music Festival at Goodyear Ballpark; and the Maverick Golf Tournament and the Patriot All-America, both held at the Wigwam in Litchfield Park.
The West Valley Mavericks Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to assist children and families, help people in need, and improve the quality of life in West Valley communities.
For more information, visit westvalleymavericksfoundation.org.