Coyotes and Sea Life team up on family fun packs
The Phoenix Coyotes and Sea Life Arizona are offering families two entertainment experiences for the price of one through Coyotes' Family Fun Packs partnership this season. The packs start at $99 and include four tickets, four hot dogs, four drinks and four passes to Sea Life Arizona, at the Arizona Mills Mall in Tempe.
While Family Fun Packs are available Saturdays in November, December and January, the special Sea Life Arizona offer is available through the Coyotes' Kids Day matinee 2 p.m. Jan. 17 vs. the San Jose Sharks.
Sea Life Arizona transports visitors into an ocean world of close encounters with starfish, seahorses, sharks, rays and tropical fish.
Coyotes' Family Fun Packs featuring Sea Life Arizona are available for the following home games:
· 6 p.m. Nov. 27 vs. Anaheim
· 6 p.m. Dec. 4 vs. Florida
· 6 p.m. Dec. 11 vs. Dallas
· 6 p.m. Jan. 8 vs. Buffalo
· 6 p.m. Jan. 15 vs. Anaheim
· 2 p.m. Jan. 17 vs. San Jose (Kids Day)
NHL Fantasy draft format for 2011 All-Star weekend
The National Hockey League Players' Association announced Nov. 10 a new plan to the 2011 All-Star weekend events. There will be an All-Star Fantasy Draft, which will continue to include fan balloting procedures with new features. The balloting process runs through Jan. 3.
The 58th All-Star Game, presented by Discover, will be played 4 p.m. Jan. 30 at the RBC Center in Raleigh, North Carolina.
The conference vs. conference format will be replaced by a player draft, conducted by the All-Star players themselves to determine the composition of teams for the 2011 NHL All-Star game.
The new features include:
* From a group of 100 players on the ballot, fans will vote for their top six all-stars (three forwards, two defenseman and one goalie) by position without regard to the conference in which he plays in. Fans also have the ability to write in a player of their choosing. The six players (out of 42 total) will be named the first NHL All-Stars. The remaining 36 all-stars will be named by the NHL Hockey Operations Department for a total of 42 players (six goalies, 12 defensemen and 24 forwards combined). After the 42 all-stars have been selected, two captains will be chosen per team by the players. Draft selection will be determined by a coin flip and selections will continue on an alternating basis.
Coyotes recall defenseman from San Antonio
According to Coyotes' General Manager Don Maloney, defenseman Nolan Yonkman was recalled by the Coyotes from the San Antonio Rampage, Phoenix's American Hockey League affiliate. Last season with the Rampage, the 6-foot-6, 247-pound Yonkman had two goals with seven assists and a career-high 170 penalty minutes.