Fry’s will celebrate the grand opening 7 a.m. Jan. 13 of its newest Marketplace Store at 25401 N. Lake Pleasant Parkway in Peoria. Local dignitaries, community partners and Fry’s management will participate in a ribbon-cutting ceremony later that same morning.
“We’re starting off the new year, opening an amazing Marketplace store in Peoria,” said Fry’s President Steve McKinney. “Our team is excited to welcome its new neighbors and customers to the highly-anticipated store. Fry’s goal is to have its customers enjoy a great shopping experience, which includes fresh food and friendly service from our great associates. Foodies will love visiting the new store as well.”
New service available: order groceries online, pick up curbside at store.
In May 2016, Fry’s Food Stores launched ClickList, which is now at 23 of its stores throughout Arizona. Now, the popular new service will launch at the grocer’s newest marketplace store located on the northeast corner of Happy Valley Road and Lake Pleasant Parkway. ClickList gives customers the opportunity to order groceries online and pick up curbside at the store.
It’s easy. Just make your shopping list at frysfood.com/clicklist, select a pick-up time/date and place your order (including same-day service, if desired). When it’s time, drive up to your pick-up location and a Fry’s associate will bring you your specially-picked order. (Just picture not having to get out of your vehicle when temperatures exceed 100-plus degrees, or when a toddler is asleep in the back seat.) It’s easy, saves time and is convenient, too. (Customers can start ordering groceries on ClickList starting Jan. 16 from this location. First day the service will be live is Jan. 20.)
In addition to ClickList, the new store’s amenities and services will include:
• Solar PowerParasol shaded-parking structure, which is an innovative solar shade structure that represents a new era in solar-energy generation. Unlike other solar installations, PowerParasols are not hidden from view like standard roof-top systems or remote solar farm installations, but are integrated into a community by covering parking lots. The PowerParasol will create an open, spacious and comfortable shaded environment, which provides cooling shade for customers while providing electrical savings for Fry’s. The PowerParasol is anticipated to provide approximately 50 percent of the store’s power.
• Wine bar with a knowledgeable wine steward to assist with a wine selection or serve a local craft beer.
• A Murray’s Cheese shop featuring an array of cheeses from around the world (see our specially-trained cheese steward for suggestions on how to pair a cheese with your favorite bottle of wine or craft beer).
• A full-service sushi station offering fresh, made-to-order sushi. Have you ever tried a sushi burrito?
• Chef-inspired bistro with seasonal offerings and Pan Asian, fresh rotisserie chicken, fresh salad bar, olive/anti-pasta bar and more. (The store will feature many breakfast, lunch and dinner options.)
• Expanded selection of natural, gluten-free and organic products throughout the store.
• Apparel department featuring name-brand clothing, shoes and accessories for the entire family.
• Starbucks Coffee – always ready at 5 a.m.
• Fuel Center featuring 10 pumping stations that can service up to 20 vehicles at a time. The Fuel Center will be open 24 hours a day. Customers love Fry’s Fuel Rewards Program. (Note: the Fuel Center will open in mid-to-late February 2017.)
The new Fry’s Marketplace Store is 124,097 square feet. The store will be managed by Bryan Ball. He started his career in the retail industry more than 28 years ago. At Fry’s, he has served in various leadership roles including store manager (14-plus years). Ball is a strong leader with proven results. He’s dedicated to achieving results through positive teamwork and coaching.
“Our team of nearly 350 associates has a goal to provide each and every customer with a shopping experience that makes them want to return over and over again,” Ball said. “The store will be open seven days a week from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. Join us for our grand-opening celebration week and see our beautiful new store while sampling some amazing food.”